Saturday, October 16, 2010

Simple Smile

Have you ever thought about the power of a smile? My friends can attest to the fact that one thing that comes out of my mouth at least once a day- usually a quite bit more...- is "SMILE!" I know I am annoying, I know people probably get sick of me quickly. But nobody really realizes how much power one little smile has.

Today wasn't a horrible day. In fact, I loved it a lot. I guess it is understandable that someone who had a great day is hard to believe when said person tells you that it is easy to turn a day around. I won't be that said person. I know that it is hard. This last week has been hard on me. I've missed my family and friends deeply. But today was different. Though on all other days I told someone, my roommate, my friends, my boyfriend, it was still hard for me personally. Today, I decided to smile. I decided to push aside the thoughts of the stress of all my projects and other responsibilities. I decided to smile and be happy. It made all the difference.

One of my favorite songs of all times is by Carrie Underwood. I know that Country isn't always a favorite genre of music, but this song is good: "Lessons Learned." In the song is says:
     "And every tear that had to fall from my eyes,
     And everyday I wondered how I'd get through the night,
     Every change, life has thrown me,   
     I'm thankful, for every break in my heart,
     I'm grateful, for every scar, 
     Some pages turned,
     Some bridges burned,
     But there were lessons learned."
This song just helps me remember that if something bad happens, we move on. Some pages turned, some bridges burned, lessons learned. 

This post wasn't necessarily about any one 'tender mercy' or good deed I saw today. But I thought it was just a good thing to share. I just like thinking about being happy and simple things that help us along that way.

Smile ;)
-gracie

No comments:

Post a Comment