Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Helping Hands

Yes, I know that the title to this blog is very much a cheesy one, but it really means something. This post is short, so don't let it throw you for a loop or anything. I still think that it has meaning to it.

I am a graphic design major, and one of the required classes is Drawing 1 and 2. I am in Drawing 1 right now, and may I say it is the bane of my existence. I am not a drawer, so when I started working on my self portrait assignment I was so frustrated I broke down into tears. I wanted it to actually look something similar to me, or maybe better! But no... it looked like I was the Phatom of the Opera in female form. The simplest thing turned my mood around. My roommate is a wonderful, wonderful friend to me. We came here together, knowing each other in high school. She is a phenomenal artist, and all she had to do to turn my mood around was to help me learn how to draw my eyes. Simple. Short. Helpful.

Thank you so much my dear roommate. You helped me realize that we all need to be aware of other's needs and that we all need to use our talents to help others. Oh how it helps others find that happiness we all are searching for.
-gracie

No comments:

Post a Comment