Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Optimism

It's come to be that time of the school semester where you need to start "worrying" about your new schedule for the next semester. I must say, it isn't the best timing. Seeing as it is also that time during the semester where I have a gazillion and one projects to finish and turn in. I went into the Dean of CPVA (College of Performing and Visual Arts) to discuss options for my schedule next semester. I was hoping for time next semester for a job... It does not look like it will. Needless to say, I started stressing once again. It is a wonder how I learned to stress so much. I don't think I was this bad just a few months ago. 

Anyways, I was sitting in my room looking at a future class schedules and the times for classes I needed to take. I was freaking out, to say the least. I would be taking classes as early as 8 and classes that ended as late as 6 pm... My boyfriend was talking to me, and he started telling me just not to worry, that if things were right that they would work out. He is great, always being optimistic. I decided that if happiness isn't a destination, I need to stop worrying about the future and begin to making my happiness a METHOD. 

If only everyone were optimistic... It might, just might help the whole world turn for the better. 
Let's make our happiness a method, shall we?
-gracie

No comments:

Post a Comment