Monday, October 25, 2010

Newton's Second Law

Yes, I know. The title of this post is rather.... interesting. I hope you find this interesting.

Just a while ago I was reading some "spiritual" material. There was a quote in there that really hit home for me. It said:

     "Each act of service, however small and incremental, adds to our spiritual momentum. Like Newton's Second
     Law, there is a transmitting of acceleration as well as a contagiousness associated with even the small acts of
     goodness."

I believe it is true. Not everyone believes in the same things, but a life without believing in something is a lot harder than living a life without it. If we believe in something, someone, it is easier to make it through things. That is spirituality. (You don't necessarily have to be religious...) So when it says little acts of service add to our spiritual momentum, it is saying that it helps us get through things. Gives us a boost for the day emotionally.

Oh how I love helping others. It really helps you get through the day and gives you that boost of energy that you need. I love it. I really do. I hope I can find someone tomorrow that I can help. I hope you all do too.
-gracie

No comments:

Post a Comment