Thursday, May 12, 2011

Wake Up Early. Enjoy a Sunrise.

This morning I woke up early, as I will for most of my summer break due to work. The way my bed is in my bedroom, the end half of the bed is under the window, where the top half is next to the wall. I woke up this morning, and when I sat up I was engulfed in sunlight from a beautiful sunrise. I wish I could've taken a picture and shared it with all of you (sadly enough all means of doing that are at a friend's house until she gets back from her home). I sat there, and it was warm and bright. Looking out over it, I realized that waking up early is what made me truly happy this morning. Looking outside at the beauty of a new day- a day where things could be different from the last- meant that I could make it what I wanted it to be. You can too. Enjoy a sunrise sometime, and then you tell me what you think about my theory. If we were to wake up a little earlier than the typical lazy summer morning (at least for many people in this society) and look out at a sunrise- take that chance to truly appreciate it, and then make a goal to make today better than yesterday, you might just find that you can be a little happier than yesterday.

I love that warmth. Mmm, feel that sunshine.
I have a feeling it's going to be a great day.
-gracie

No comments:

Post a Comment