Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Happiness is Something we Are

I think I tend to forget what exactly I am blogging about, and what started it. I started this blog just under a year ago based upon one quote: "Happiness is not a destination, but a method for life." I just wanted to remind myself and others of that. That even though it is hard sometimes, we can make our lives "happy" in nature. It isn't something you are working towards, it's not a goal of destination, but a goal of how we actually live our lives.

At my work our office manager sends out a "Quote of the Day." I don't always pay attention to it, but it caught my eye today.

"Happiness is not in our circumstances but in ourselves. It is not something we see, like a rainbow, or feel like the heat of the fire. It is something we are." -John Sheerin

It is true. Our goal isn't to get to "happiness," but to become a "happy" person. There is a difference. I know it deeply. It becomes part of you as you work for it, and it feels fantastic. 

Take it from someone who is trying.
You should too.
-gracie

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That's really all I can say from reading several of your posts! You are truly incredible and inspiring my friend! I say Amen to that fact that happiness is who we are and it becomes part of us as we become happy people! Way to be!

    ReplyDelete