Monday, November 1, 2010

Small

I went home this weekend, and while I was there I found a neat quote: "Often small acts of kindness are all that is required to lift another."

Today was not a good day at all at one point. Someone had said something rather offensive to me and I was on the verge of going and beating him up (at least in my mind I was... probably wouldn't have happened in "real life"). I was close to crying at one point during class when he had said it. Straight from class I had to run to go tutor. My eyes were stinging, and I was trying to hold myself together. I looked up, and as I was walking by this guy that I never met before looked at me intently, smiled, and said hi. Now, don't take that the wrong way, I could tell it was truly out of the goodness of his heart and not flirting. He made my day a little brighter after that.

I can "testify" to you that little things really make a difference to someone who is hurting, or having hard times. I really know it's true, because it happens a lot to me. I realize that just doing the little things really help. That is why I try and smile at everyone I pass on the street, considering I walk everywhere. Really, try to do the small and simple things. Make it a method, and find the happiness that is there. Even in those hard times you will find some type of peace close to your heart.
-gracie

No comments:

Post a Comment