Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Friendship

A wise man once said: "In the end, the number of prayers we say may contribute to our happiness, but the number of prayers we answer may be of greater importance."

This is so true. I believe that if we strive to find people to help, to strive to help our friends, we can find a greater happiness. Answering prayers of a plea for happiness can be just as great as anything else, if not better, in the world. It shows true friendship.

True friendship means so much to me in my life. I love it so much. Yesterday was my birthday, and it was my first birthday not living at home. It seemed so different, almost just like it was another day, but another day with a tad bit of disappointment. Don't get me wrong, having people writing on my facebook wall and sending me texts was great, but it wasn't like I was feeling it through and through. That night my boyfriend took me out to dinner. It was nice to have some fun with him and just be together. When we got back to our dorm building, none of my friends were downstairs, and I had heard noise over on campus so I figured they were out doing stuff. I felt a tad disappointed (yes I like the word tad, deal with it :D) because I really just wanted to hang with my friends. Me and my boyfriend were sitting in my room, or rather, I was looking for something under my desk and he was sitting on my bed, when my friend Cameron called me. He asked if I could come upstairs and help him with his homework. Little did I know that I was going to get pushed into "The Loft" (dorm party room) and receive a surprise birthday party! It was quite something, let me tell you.

I had only wanted to be happy on my birthday, maybe it sounds a little selfish, just wanting a little attention. But when I got that surprise, a prayer had been answered for me. I think friendship is so truly important to being happy. I don't think we should complain about not having friends, but rather get our butts of the couch and go out there and try. And if it doesn't work, try again! AND AGAIN! Everyone needs a friend, whether they admit it or not. May I ask that we all go out there and help our friends, and gain some new ones too? I think it will make all the difference in making happiness a method for life.

I truly believe it.
-gracie

No comments:

Post a Comment