Thursday, November 11, 2010

Flowers


I've been thinking about flowers as of late, which is a bit ironic considering that there is now snow on the ground!   I was assigned a project to make a poster for one of my classes. As usual, I have changed my idea probably ten times. The idea that I have settled with is about flowers.

I found these two quotes:
"Some people, like flowers, give pleasure just by being." -Anon.

"Flowers are like human beings... they thrive on a little kindness."
-Fred Streeter

These quotes got me thinking. Doesn't everyone just want a little kindness shown upon them? I believe so. We all wan't to give pleasure to others. Show our friends we care for them. Why not just show it to others like we wish? Oftentimes I think people want to do it, but are afraid to. There is no reason to be afraid!

Yesterday I was very sick. Just something that happens sometimes ;) But  I was literally miserable. I really just wanted to curl up and die. I knew I would feel better the next day, but in that moment I did not want to deal with it at all. My roommate, my friends, my boyfriend, they all helped me, cared for me. They all showed me that they loved me and that they cared. They were sweet to me, and nice to be around. It meant so much to me.

I know that it really pays off to be kind to everyone you know. Sometimes you have to be cautious with what you do and say to people- but everyone deserves a little kindness. I invite anyone who reads this to try and not be rude, to not talk behind another's back, and try to love everyone even if you do not understand them or even like them all that much. It will really pay off in the end. Be kind, oh please, be kind to all.
-gracie

No comments:

Post a Comment