Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Cease Suffering

I am really into Richard Paul Evan's writings, you know? Maybe you don't. If not, I highly suggest it. His stories are easy to read and very inspiring. "Miles to Go," is a wonderful story, the second book a series, about a man who has lost everything and decides to walk as far as he can from where he is in Seattle- which just happens to be Keys West Florida.

Why do I bring this book up again in my blog? Well, because like I said, it's definitely inspiring; and, something said in it really ties in to something that I've been thinking about lately. One quote I'd like to pull out is this:

"Suffering ceases to be suffering when we form a clear picture of it."

These last few days I've had a lot on my mind. Things I didn't want to think about got brought up again and it was just eating away at my happiness. I was frustrated. I wanted to be done with everything and just be rid of all thought. It even went to the extent of me deliberately avoiding things that would make me smile. (Note: this was only over about two or three days time- I'm not chronically depressed or anything no worries.) Then I got to thinking... and I realized that I had been stopping myself from figuring out how to get over it.

I was being dumb.

Sure what was worrying me and frustrating me and scaring me was also to blame, but I was blocking myself from getting to a point where I could just forget about it. And then that quote came to mind.... 

This morning I woke up and I decided full on to be happy, to take a step back and look at everything that was bugging me and face it. It's not like those things are gone now, they're still there as sure as my name is {insert real name here}; but, I have let myself see everything around it so I can be happier. 

Just remember that you can cease suffering, your own suffering, by letting yourself see things. You do have to remember, though, that you won't find all the answers at once. They take time, and they come more easily when you are letting yourself breathe a little.

Pass it on.
Cease your own suffering.
Smile.
Cheers.
-gracie

No comments:

Post a Comment