Sunday, February 26, 2012

Someone to Care

Make it a Method.

The whole reason I started this blog was because I loved this quote:

"Happiness isn't a destination, it's a method for life." 

Life is full of things. Good things. Bad things. Silly things. Happy things. Sad things. It's hard to put on the good face all the time. Trust me, I know. Life is like a rollercoaster some say. But I've come to realize that though it is a rollercoaster, we can learn to find reasons to be happy even in the hard times. To really make happiness our method. 

The other day I was in a bit of a bad mood. Tired (probably on account of staying up super late watching Iron Man 2...anyways), hungry, thinking a lot about school, etc. I didn't want to be happy, in a way, I just wanted to be let alone to mope a little before I changed my mood.

I made that decision.

That day me and my friends were going to go out together. I came downstairs, my miserably mopey self to find a look and air of sadness in one of my friends. I don't know exactly what it was, but that moment changed everything about my attitude. I forgot about my own "terrible woes," (which weren't that terrible in hindsight) and all I wanted was to see the smile on my friend's face that I've been seeing so much more often this semester than others. 

Has that ever happened to you? 

A bit ago I finished "Miles to Go," a book by Richard Paul Evans (which I highly suggest!!) and there was a part in it where a lady says "I'm happiest when I'm taking care of someone." I kinda brushed that off, though it was a nice thought. But it's true. I've found personally- just in that experience with my friend- that when there is someone to care about you can find greater happiness. 

Everyone needs care, everybody needs a friend.
If we choose to be there for others, we can be happier. 
Let's care, why don't we?
Make it a method.
-gracie

No comments:

Post a Comment