Thursday, February 23, 2012

You Can Do It

So this morning I briefly came to consciousness when tigger started singing to me (he's my alarm...don't judge). I realized that I really didn't want to go running when it was that dark outside still, so I laid back down for a few minutes. I then proceeded to get up and read my scriptures. I was feeling alright, but then.....

BANG.

"No," my body says. "You shall not go to school or work today. You shall stay in bed."

Being sick isn't that great. What were kids thinking? You always here of those stories of kids pretending to be sick so they didn't have to go to school. I'm telling you I much rather be in school right now.

But something came to mind, so I decided to blog about it.

My roommate is trying to find a job. It's really difficult in the small college town that we live in. I think it a bit ridiculous that a lot of the companies aren't giving her a chance just because she doesn't have work experience. (How are you supposed to get work experience if nobody is going to give it to you because you haven't had a chance to even work? Psh.) Anyways, she just came up to our room and I kinda half woke up deliriously from a nap and she was saying that she is trying to build up courage to call or e-mail on a job opportunity. She kept saying "I can't do it!!"

Here's a message Jane: I know you can do it!

I felt like I couldn't survive today. I have felt like death... well I think it feels like death. We all think that there are so many insurmountable mountains. But guess what, everest was supposed to be insurmountable. Wasn't it?  It's been climbed.

We may or may not have to actually climb everest. But we do have our own set of mountains to climb. And we all can do it. We can all get over the mountain and find the next step in our lives to get to where we need to be to be happy.

I know for a fact that I'll get over this sick day.
I know you can find a job.

It may be hard, but in life we have to stop saying "I Can't" and start finding what we CAN do. We are our own biggest obstacle. If we can let ourselves stop saying the word "can't" and start saying "can" I know we all can find a way to be happy. To get what we need.

Stop saying can't.
And smile!
Have a nice day.
Love you Jane :)
-gracie

No comments:

Post a Comment