Sunday, August 7, 2011

Head Held High

I walk to work in the mornings. Simple enough. I have come to the realization however that I watch my feet half the time when I walk. I am not sure if this is due to the fact that I am trying to prevent my oft times tripping, or if it is just a habit. But when I realized this, it got me thinking... (mounds of things make me think, if you haven't noticed.)

A lot of the time we just skimp by, not really noticing what is going on around us. We just try to pass through and get to our destination. The destination is important, don't get me wrong, but we do need to realize that we have life to live and grow throughout during that journey. Do you walk around with your head hung low, and your eyes firmly planted on your feet? What is so interesting about your feet anyways? If you look at them all the time you miss out on everything that is around you.

For the last couple weeks I have been training myself to look up and around me as I walk to work. There are people to see, things to notice and appreciate. If we walk with our heads held high we will notice more in our lives that needs to be taken care of, things that are going to add to our happiness, and things that will help us find those who need that smile, friend, or simple "hello."

Can I challenge you to live your life with your head held high? It will give you more reasons to be happy, and it will help you actually live that happiness as others see your smile and example.

Smile.
Show it off.
Give it to others.
-gracie

No comments:

Post a Comment