Saturday, April 30, 2011

Straightway

The other day I was walking home from work, and I looked up and decided to walk straight towards the stop sign on the opposite corner. It was going to be the fastest way home if I just walked straight. I realized that there were a lot of things to look at, and I did waver a little bit, going left and right. Which is funny, because it was through an empty parking lot.

Why do I bring this up? Seems a bit stupid in all reality. But if you think about goals in your life, are you walking towards them, or are you forgetting them at times and going somewhere that won't really take you anywhere at all? It's good to have variety in your life, don't get me wrong, it's good to have other things to work towards too- but you need a common goal I think to find that happiness. Happiness comes from doing what is right for you, and you need to work towards that common goal to get through anything. You can look around, but make sure you aren't just looking at another empty parking lot. What's the point of getting distracted over nothing? Have fun, have a bunch of it, but don't let it get in the way of doing something that will make you really happy.

That may not have made much sense... But I hope that you catch the gist of my idea. Just find a goal that will encompass your mini goals for happiness, jobs, activities, and the people you hang out with. Keep with that goal and you surely can't loose.

Just a thought.
-gracie

No comments:

Post a Comment