Thursday, December 9, 2010

Made me Smile

Tonight me and my roommates exchanged gifts for Christmas. We all go our separate ways on Friday, so we did it tonight. It was a ton of fun, but there were two things tonight that actually meant a lot to me. My actual roommate wrote me a note and put it on my gift that she gave me. I didn't read it then, because there were a lot of people around. I forgot about it, and just went on doing stuff. Just a few minutes ago- which is a few hours after the gift exchange- I opened my door to go down the hall to find a note on my door with my name on it. I then remembered that there was another note I still needed to read. I gathered both of them up and read them both. Needless to say, I cried. I have some amazing people in my life. And to tell you the truth, I don't really think either of them fully comprehend what those small things meant to me. The last couple of weeks have been getting harder for me for some odd reason, and those notes really made me smile- or balled, more like.

I think we all just need to remember that even when people seem happy, we need to remember to be nice to everybody. I know it's hard. Sometimes we don't like people- whether they be family, "friends", roommates, or anybody else. Sometimes we say things we shouldn't about them. I think we need to be nice to everybody. It really means a ton. I promise that if we remember others, and remember that we don't always fully understand other people's situations, we can change the world. I really hope I can be one of those people and not judge others. Especially those who are close to us- proximity wise. We need to show others we care, even if they are quiet and don't really say anything back to us.

Sorry, this blog might be starting to just be dragging on.
All I want to say is be nice, and show others we care by simple means. Maybe we can make them smile.
-gracie

1 comment:

  1. It's not dragging. All of these are wonderful lessons we can all learn from. Thank YOU for sharing them! -Aunt Karen

    ReplyDelete